Search This Blog

Friday, October 2, 2009

confessions of a teenage procrastinator

Well then,

I guess its time to open up about my problem...

*clears throat * My name is Natalie Castoro and I am a procrastinator (you all say: HI NATALIE)

so as you all know from my previous post, tonight was my high school graduation ceremony ...because I procrastinated I was unable to participate in the ceremonial distribution of diplomas. In high school you must complete a total of 40 hours of community service (which I did do, I dont procrastinate with EVERYTHING) but I failed to hand them in on time.

At the beginning of the night I looked for people to blame about this situation, but as I sat in the ceremony, I realized there was no one else to blame but myself.

It was very hard for me to do, as some of you know..I was holding back tears. However now, reflecting on the night I just had, I am moving forward with no regrets and just lessons learned because I am not going to mope about it for any longer.

I did graduate, and I did get my diploma, and I did get into college. The only thing left now is not to screw up on the next graduation! LOL the more important one.

Anywho, instead of drowning you all in my sorrow, I just want to warn you not to procrastinate because, it will just mess you up in the end! Get what you need to get done...DONE!

xoxo Gossip Girl...


just kidding...


Natalie :)

4 comments:

  1. Natalie, this is nothing
    but a minor speed bump in the
    grand scheme of things; life is
    about learning and moving
    on. Just think, one day when
    you are rich and famous, it
    will be a fun fact they will
    talk about in your biography...
    "Did you know that Natalie
    Castoro wasn't allowed at her high school
    grad? And look at her now!".
    When you look back, high school is
    a blip that's over so fast you
    wonder if it even happened.
    Don't worry cuz ur on ur way, grl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. School rules dont shape your life...I know that you know this and thats a good thing. It was just a rule, its good to see that you can leave it behind you. What is done is done.

    Think about it, learn from it, throw it away. You are now a stronger person.

    ReplyDelete
  3. p.s with all the great things that happen after high school...something like a graduation ceremony seems so small.

    just wanted to add that :)

    Who gives a crap about a piece of paper. You shared the experience.

    K im done being Dr. Phil now.

    Ciao!:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks!! this was very reassuring and inspirational!!

    patty, love the bio idea...BRILLIANT

    ReplyDelete