Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Miley to PARADE: "I'm not a doll"







Miley spoke to PARADE recently and expressed her wanting to be done with Hannah Montana freely.

'What I am sure about is I'm going to rejoice and be happy to finally not have to be ..well, to not be somebody I'm not exactly. As I've grown into it, I've grown out of it. When I was 12, I thought, 'I want to be famous all the time!

I want everybody to recognize me!' I can't breathe looking like that [Hannah] anymore. A friend came by the set one day and said, 'You don't look very happy.' I said, 'I'm feeling claustrophobic in all these frills.. I hate being thought of as a product. I am not a doll, and people want to treat me that way. I'm older now. I have an opinion. I have my own taste.'

On boyfriend Liam: 'The last thing I was expecting to do was to fall in love. I went there thinking the summer was about me ..but I guess God was like, 'Girl, here is this amazing guy!''

On not being like other girls her age: 'I am screwed up in the mind a little bit because I’m not like other 16- or 17-year-old girls. I have no perspective of who exactly my fans are, to tell you the truth. Teenage girls in general are hard for me. I’m not a girl’s girl. And I don’t really watch television at all. But there is one show I’m addicted to: RuPaul’s Drag Race. I love me some RuPaul. I love RuPaul’s motto. It goes something like, ‘A real lady is never bitchy, a real lady is sassy.’'

No comments:

Post a Comment