Search This Blog

Friday, December 18, 2009

Another reason to love Lady Gaga


She explains further the lyrics of her song Dance in the Dark:

"The record is about a girl who likes to have sex with the lights off, because she's embarrassed about her body. She doesn't want her man to see her naked. She will be free, and she will let her inner animal out, but only when the lights are out.

Referring to the specific "Around her kiss is a vampire grin/ Moonlights away while she is howling at him", which means:

"She doesn't feel free without the moon. These lyrics are a way for me to talk about how I believe women and some men feel innately insecure about themselves all the time. It's not sometimes, it's not in adolescence, it's always. [T]he song isn't called 'Dance in the Light. I'm not a gospel singer trying to cross people over. What I'm saying is, 'I get it. I feel you, I feel the same way, and it's OK.' "

No comments:

Post a Comment